Beliefs / Vision
What we are all about
Our Vision – Our vision is to become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ and to lead others to Him. We exist to reach up to Him in a lifestyle of worship and to reach out to others with the life-changing message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Our Mission essentials
- Complete devotion to God – Being fully committed to God no matter what. Christianity will only be understood through a life that is unconditionally surrendered to Jesus.
- Intimacy with Christ – We were all created not for a man-made religion but a relationship with Jesus
- Reveal Christ to others – We should spread the good news of Jesus by our actions, our relationships, and our words. Our motivation must be love!
- Faithful stewardship – We should strive to be godly stewards (managers) of everything that we have in life including our resources, time, physical bodies, spiritual life, and relationships.
- Godly character and integrity – We should live lives that are filled with the utmost character and integrity
- God’s purposes – We should live in such a way as to accomplish God’s purpose, plan, and destiny for our lives in Jesus which is ultimately to bring Him glory
- Unity is non-negotioable – The local church is the hope of the world and we know we can accomplish infinitely more together than apart. John 17; 1 Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3
- We will be intentional to reach out to those who don’t know Christ – 1 Corinthians 9:19-23
- We are spiritual contributors not spiritual consumers
- We will be known more for what we are for than what we are against – This doesn’t mean that we will water down the message of the Gospel. We will preach truth, but we will use our platform not to condemn but to reveal the abundant life that comes from a surrendered heart to Jesus. John 3:17
What We Believe
Jesus will return again just as He promised to establish His eternal kingdom (Acts 1:11; Philippians 2:9–11; 1 Thessalonians 1:10; 4:13–18;John 14:1-3). When Jesus returns, there will be a resurrection and judgment of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved will receive eternal life, and those who are lost will receive eternal punishment; (John 5:28–29; Mark 14:62; 2 Thessalonians 1:2–10; Revelation 1:5–7; Revelation 20:4–5, 11–12)
People need Jesus – People are created by God in his image, but we have separated ourselves from God and need His saving grace. We believe that salvation is a gift of God’s grace and we receive this gift of eternal life when we trust Jesus Christ as our Savior from sin and fully surrender our lives to Him.(Romans 3:24–25; John 3:3–7; 1 John 5:11–13; Ephesians 2:1–16; Revelation 5:9; Acts 4:12; 1 Corinthians 6:11).
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit which enables Christians to live a godly life. He gives His supernatural gifting and empowering to the church for its work, life and worship. We also believe all the spiritual gifts are valid for today. (Ephesians 4; Romans 12.) All gifts should be exercised within Biblical guidelines, with order, and under the leadership of the church and ministry involved. (Luke 24:49;Acts 1:4–8, 2:1–4, 10:44–46; 1 Corinthians 12, 14).
The prime agency for the work of God’s kingdom is the Christian local church functioning under the sovereignty of our Lord Jesus Christ. The church has been entrusted the ordinances of believer’s baptism and the Lord’s Supper (Communion) (Acts 2:41–47, 16:4–5; Matthew 16:18; 28:18–20; Ephesians 1:22–23; 1 Corinthians 12; 1 Corinthians 11:23–26).
God’s people should strive to live lifestyles of ethical conduct and integrity consistent with the character of Jesus Christ and biblical standards (Romans 12:1–2; 1 Corinthians 6:9–10; Galatians 5:19–21; Ephesians 4:13–32; 1 Timothy 3:1–13; Titus 1:5–11; 2:11–13; 3:9–11; 1 Peter 1:13–16).